This course is from our 2015/2016 series
Review engagements are by far the most popular method by which practitioners provide assurance on information provided by their privately-owned clients. However, there is frequently confusion over how much work is necessary to meet the professional requirements of a review. Such confusion often results in practice inspection concerns.
This presentation is intended to provide an in-depth look at the requirements of the CPA Canada Assurance Handbook regarding review engagements.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Association with information
- Independence and other quality assurance requirements
- General review standards
- Standards relating specifically to financial statement reviews
- Reviews of special-purpose financial information
- Practical review techniques for signifcant financial statement areas
- Review reporting issues
- Recent practice inspection findings regarding review engagements
- Proposed changes to review engagement standards
This course will provide practical suggestions intended to increase efficiency and reduce risk in the performance of review engagements.