This course will review the fundamental standards in ASPE and discuss Annual Improvements and emerging topics. Part 1 is a useful refresher for both practitioners and CPAs in industry. More complex topics are covered in ASPE Refresher Part II
Part I will examine fundamental standards:
• Annual Improvements and emerging topics
• Core concepts
• Key financial statement standards.
• Financial Instruments – the basics
• Revenue, funding and government assistance
• Balance Sheet – Current and long-term assets
• Balance sheet – Current liabilities and asset retirement obligations
Short case studies and examples will be used to illustrate key concepts.